Sunday, July 11, 2010

Going Down Stairs

Potato has been climbing the stairs since before he turned one. Imagine my horror when I hear my baby wandering around upstairs when I know I just put him on the floor downstairs. He did not crawl at the moment only pulled himself across the room. I thought I had nothing to worry about with him and the stairs. I had no gates yet. I was wrong.

After I heard him babbling upstairs I ran up to him crying and fussing all at the same time. He just looked at me like I was nuts. I went out and got gates that day!

Today I am very comfortable with him going up the stairs because I knew that he always calls from the top when he is ready to come back down. DH or I listen for his call and usually go and get him. He never tried to scale down on his own which is great for us.....until today!

I was able to catch him on video. DH and Nana will be able to relax now since Potato is doing it all on his on with no trouble.

It's amazing how much they learn on their own.



1 comment:

  1. Ugh, Stairs! Always so scary...
    My little guy is able to go up and down on his own (I learned that "accidentally" when I thought the latch on the gate was closed).
    But...I still worry!

    ReplyDelete

Tater Mans listening?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...