Monday, March 1, 2010

Day-Care

Today is a huge day for the Randolph family! Mr and I will be going to orientation at a local day-care center. Potato will start Tuesday and this has my stomach in knots. Even though their reading programs, playgrounds, classroom activities are all great I still have to realize that my baby will be with people that have no real connection with my child. I have never been so scared. Mr Randolph of course thinks of the worst things that could happen to him and is so not ready to see his baby go off to school. We knew that it would happen eventually but its a whole new feeling when it is actually here.

I worked at a day-care for two years so I know all the right questions to ask and where to look for red flags. We went for a tour on Friday and the director was taken aback by all of the questions I had and all of the places that I wanted to look at. Its a Class A school so it is the best of the best. I need to go get ready for our meeting but blogging this, even if no one reads, is a huge help.

1 week old
6mths
15mths

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I'm sure he'll thrive at the school! I think it'll be harder on you and your husband than on your little guy (that's just the way life goes now!). Good luck Potato!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you knew what to ask about, and it sounds like it's a great school. I know fo sho that if I ever have to put Nick in day care I'll be a complete mess, and I may ask you for a list of what questions to ask!
    Good luckkk

    ReplyDelete

Tater Mans listening?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...