Monday, April 12, 2010

Mini Vacation Part II

I wanted to continue my earlier post about our little family vacation to San Antonio. Thursday night Potato of course was rejecting the pack-n-play that the hotel provided. I think I jinxed myself when I told my sister-n-law that my baby sleeps any where and with no problem. Ha! I hope she is laughing at me now. So with only 3 hours of sleep Mr and I woke up at 7am so that we could slam the hotel breakfast then head to the base for Richards graduation. Needless to say it was a very long day.
Photos from Thursday:


It was a beautiful Friday morning and I just knew it was going to be nice and warm like it was on Thursday. Not the case! When we sat in the bleachers and the wind kicked up and the temperature dropped we were all huddled together. The graduation ceremony was beautiful. All of the flights of soldiers came out and lined up then the did a march of the state flags that represented the Airman's home state. Then they had an airplane solute, which Potato was very excited about.

Richey was tapping a drum in the band.

On a side note while we were sitting in the stands freezing our exposed toes off Potato was charming all of the ladies. He had several grown women and a couple teenagers cooing at him. I never knew how much of a charmer he was until he, somehow, was able to bat his eyelashes enough to get a woman to donate her blanket to him. I mean come on that is some serious talent. I used to think that he had my girlfriends wrapped up because they just loved him but these women definitely could not get enough of him and had a hard time focusing on why we were all there.

After graduation we got down from the bleachers and attempted to walk around and get the blood flowing. There were old fighter planes lined up so I wanted to take Clayton around to look at them but he was only interested in one and that is where he stayed.

Then it was time to head out and go visit some more of the city. We decided to go explore The River Walk and The Alamo. There is no way that I can possibly describe either except BREATH TAKING!



After all of that we decided that the evening would be spent by the pool vegging out!

I know this post was long but I have so much to share. Part III will come soon so please keep an eye out!

1 comment:

  1. LOL - love that pic with the swim trunks! Makes him look like a big boy!

    ReplyDelete

Tater Mans listening?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...