Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer Vacation: Florida Day Entry 1

Sunday, the 14th, Tater, Nana Nanny(Tater renamed her), Aunt Joanie, and I headed for the Blue Mountain Beach Florida. We left bright and early that morning. The back of MIL car was completely packed, so much so that we could not see out the back window. We did not care!
Tater had his portable DVD player and I had my nook. I started reading a book that my SIL sugested, The Help. While I read and tried to keep from getting to car sick Nana and Aunt Joanie jammed to their 60's era music. Quite hilarious! I don't think it is illegal to dance while you drive and I was only a little worried lol.

I had to get resourceful since his head phones kept falling out. I slapped a headband on him and all was ok.
Tater were got to experience his first tunnel. He was so excited going through the dark whole. I really think he was blown away. Auntie Joanie also bought him his first smurf toy from McDonalds. He also coined a new phrase along the drive. "I FEEL HAPPY!" Oh boy he made sure to say it about a million times along the way.

We made a rest stop in MS and Tater and I did a little running to work out some of the energy. I was in desperate need of nap time since he was in the middle of his third mental break down. I can only imagine how hard it must be for a two year old to sit for so long.

It didn't take long for us to make it to the condo. Thank God for Bambi, Dumbo, and various other cartoons otherwise Tater may have not made it. We did finally make it after 7 long hours and boy it was just breath taking.

The Adagio was a dream come true. Before I forget to tell you, our little vacation trip was a gift from my MIL and FIL. What a gift right?! I think that this vacation will become a tradition. Next year we will make sure and have all the men with us!

Tater had his own room with a twin bed and Mr Randolph and I would be sleeping in our own room with a nice big king size bed. He can't fit in anything smaller.

The view!
We hurried and unpacked threw all the bags on the floor and hauled ass to the beach. I have only been to the beach once before and this was Taters first time. I was so excited to see how he would react to the sand and the ocean for the first time. I don't believe I will ever forget his squeals and the big grin he had on his face. He was in shock because of all the dirt that was everywhere. He warmed up to it quickly and started to build sand castles.

After about 5.....million mountains built in the sand we raced to the ocean. I wanted to see how he would react to the water. Well we ran almost all the way to the water and he was screaming with joy. Tater got three feet from the edge of the water and stopped. I wondered why he stopped then all I heard was him screaming SHARK as he ran back to the stairs. I was thankful that there weren't really any other people on the beach. I fell down I was laughing so hard. I guess watching Shark Week before going to the beach was not the greatest idea.

Later that evening my sis (Mr. Randolph's big sister) showed up with my beautiful nephew and of course the smothering of kisses started immediately. They live in Colorado so when they come and visit it is a super big deal. My nephew Aiden (Gecko) will be turning one this month and I can't believe how big he has gotten and how much he has learned. He is crawling like a mad man and is ALWAYS happy.

I have so much more to tell you about our week long adventure so stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. great pictures and it sounds like u guys had a wonderful time!!


Tater Mans listening?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...