Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Second Interview

I had my second interview today at HPS OIl and Gas. I was so nervous, that goes without saying. This interview was different though, because I was full of confidence and on a mission.

The mission was to see if they could offer what I needed for my family. I felt great mostly because I knew exactly which questions to ask and the amount I needed. Mr Randolph and I did brainstorming last night and I wrote down all my questions and finalized the numbers I needed to meet my salary.

Thankfully I got to speak with the founder of the company again. He is a very friendly person that wants quality people to work for his company. I made sure he knew that I was the person he needed.

When it came time to crunch the numbers for my salary I felt myself getting weak. I am not good with asking people for something that I want. I had to make myself realize that this wasn't about me anymore, it's about my family and their needs.

I told Boss that I needed to make sure that my severance would be covered. It would have been a deal breaker if he couldn't not give me the equivalent of what Pru was going to give me in my exit plan. Well he wanted to offer me a couple more dollars than what I am currently making and then give me a check to cover the balance of my severance. I was like wuh?!?! You want to cut me a check to come and work for you....are you serious?!?

Well that would have been a great option but I decided that I would just figure in my severance into my salary and take more hourly. It ends up being an incredible raise for me and not just a one time payment. I truly feel this would be best. I will also be getting several merit bonuses throughout the year and this is still a shocker for me!

Prudential still hasn't gotten back with me about the remote position and I am caught in a dilemma. Do I wait to hear back from Pru and risk losing the opportunity of a lifetime?

At HPS I would be a Land Tech. I would be helping in the leasing process of land. Researching titles, data entry, and working directly with land men. I really feel that this career offers a lot more of a learning and growing opportunity than what Pru can give me. I feel things have gotten to easy at Pru for me because I have become lax and doing my work without having to think about it. This is a good thing unless you are like me and need a constant challenge.

I love to be depended on and I love deadlines. Weird?!? Yes!

I have made a decision but I will make everything official on Friday.

Now I am left thinking about all the great people I work for and with everyday. I have made great friends I know a few I will lose touch with, just comes with the territory. On the other hand, I have made connections with some that there is no way I will let go by the wayside.

I have and incredible boss that has been a huge component in my success. I owe so much to him and his absolute confidence he has had in me since I found out about the lay-off. He was never worried about me ever landing a new job.

I will keep you posted throughout the week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is wonderful news! And, good for you for sticking to your guns with your benefits/salary requirements. I, too, often would buckle under the pressure and not say what I really wanted in negotiations, but now that I have a child, I've found strength in that, and that my needs are not just my own, but my family's. I wish you all the best. I can't wait to hear more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Tater Mans listening?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...