Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Clayton!



Dear Potato,

It seems like daddy and I have lost a whole year. How did time fly by so fast? I have been an emotional wreck today!

After I shot the photos below all three of us sat at the dining room table to have a piece of your cake. We sang Happy Birthday and I swear I saw tears in your eyes. I am not sure why because you had a smile on your face. I told myself it was because you feel so special. Mommy cried while cutting your cake, while daddy looked at me in fear. ;-)! Hell I cry as I write to you.

Each month I list all of your accomplishments and well this month you have definetly grown. I will make note of them all in a later post.

It feels like I am flashing back and remembering the morning we ran to the hospital. Sunday, November 2, 2008 daddy and I were lying in bed being lazy. You were a few days overdue and I was so exhausted. Daddy leaned over and laid his head on my belly. He figured he would have the first man to man talk. It went a little like this:

Daddy: "Son it's time to come out! You need to come and see us today."

Potato: You kicked the freaking crap out of me. We heard a loud pop.

Mommy: I ran to the bathroom because I had to pee. Well after about 6 wardrobe changes because I kept peeing on myself we realized that you had busted the water bag.

The rest doesn't matter until I saw your beautiful face and kissed that nose. You were all daddy and I had ever hoped and wished for in our lives. We thank God each day for adding your to our family.

I hope you had a great birthday baby.

Love Mommy and Daddy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tater Mans listening?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...